As a stay at home mom, I find thrifty one of the most important things to be! Hopefully through my posts and tutorials, you will be able to craft some heart-felt gifts that your wallet WON'T feel!

You will notice that many of my projects are related to paper crafting...it's my most favorite thing to do. I also enjoy some simple sewing from time to time and I enjoy "food crafting" as well...mostly cakes. Then there will be the occasional kiddie craft because we do those from time to time as well.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Freebie Frenzy

Some of you know me well enough to know that I LOVE FREEBIES!! I don't care what they are, I just love them. If I can't use something but I know someone who can, I will enter my information just to get something besides bills and junk mail in my mail box! So I don't want to be selfish. Go to the bottom of my page and check out my money saving sites. You will find two sites (Thunder Fap and The Freebie Cart) that are nothing but lists of freebies that you can sign up for. Sometimes they will also offer really good coupons. I WILL suggest this: set up a junk mail account. Go to Yahoo, Gmail, hotmail...wherever...and sign up for a free account and then use that address to sign up for your freebies. This way, you won't have spam or junk mail flooding your inbox. Most of the freebies listed are legitimate, I've learned through experience. The most sure freebies are Wal-Mart's freebies. Their site lists around 4-6 freebies at any given time and I have always, always received those freebies. So...all of that being said...go check out the freebie sites. One of them even offers a place to sign up for a free 24 count bottle of Advil!

Oh...and one more site that's not listed on my blog...they give away free money! Yep, for real. MyPoints is a place where you can sign up and then they send you e-mails with special offers. Each time you click on the link inside those e-mails, you earn points. Then if you happen to like the offer and take advantage of it, you get either so many points per dollar spent OR a lump sum of points just for taking advantage of it. This helps save money in two ways: #1, you do get some really nice offers sometimes that you might not otherwise learn about (free photo prints, free business cards/stationery, low priced magazines, etc.). #2, once you have saved your points up, you can purchase gift cards with your points. I used a $25 gift card earlier this year and now have enough points to purchase TWO $50 gift cards to use toward Christmas gifts this winter! While it does take some time to save up your points, it's not difficult and it IS free money, after all! If you don't have an account set up with them and you decide to set one up, please use me as your referral!

No comments:

Post a Comment