As a stay at home mom, I find thrifty one of the most important things to be! Hopefully through my posts and tutorials, you will be able to craft some heart-felt gifts that your wallet WON'T feel!

You will notice that many of my projects are related to paper crafting...it's my most favorite thing to do. I also enjoy some simple sewing from time to time and I enjoy "food crafting" as well...mostly cakes. Then there will be the occasional kiddie craft because we do those from time to time as well.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happy Hump Day!!

I had a great afternoon out yesterday browsing Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart's craft department. While Wal Mart's scrapbooking selection continues to dwindle, I did discover that their Cricut mats are WAAYYYY cheaper than anyone else's ($8 for a pkg. of two) and they had some great Martha Stewart clear stamps on clearance...$2.50 - $5.00 a set. I actually got a set and it's now reserved (along with a few other goodies!) for the upcoming Crop Out Diabetes blog hop that I will be participating in! I will be posting more about that in the coming weeks...so keep checking back!

Sales aren't too special at Hobby Lobby this week...for me, the best was half off paper singles and half off Paper Studio punches. I've been drooling over some projects I saw done with border punches so I checked them out. Unfortunately, they only had two...on the positive, they were only $7.99 each so I got two punches for $7.99...when other brands sell for $14.99 each! I also got a couple of nice things on clearance there too, but really nothing to write home (or blog) about!

Lastly, if you're following my blog or visiting it, I'd love for you to leave me a comment today. I want to issue a challenge (with a prize!!!) for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. While out and about yesterday, I noticed EVERYTHING is coming up PINK!! I felt inspired and wanted to do something to show my support for those fighting the battle as well as those who have won the battle...and in memory of those who were simply taken from the battle to go to Heaven. But I also want to know that I will have participation...so let me know that you are interested and I will try and issue the challenge by the weekend.

'Til later...keep looking up and Happy Crafting!!

PS. Today, I am SO thankful that Julie will be joining us in Lake Geneva! I am SO excited!! Please keep praying for her job situation.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be slightly busy Fri-Sunday, but I'm in :) Love the blog and how it's taking off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...you'll be slightly busy the next Fri-Sun too. BUT...the good news is, when the challenge is issued, it will be for the entire month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, thanks for your kind wishes! I'm very rusty, but I'm in. Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I'm always up for a challenge! Love the blog, BTW.

    ReplyDelete