As a stay at home mom, I find thrifty one of the most important things to be! Hopefully through my posts and tutorials, you will be able to craft some heart-felt gifts that your wallet WON'T feel!

You will notice that many of my projects are related to paper crafting...it's my most favorite thing to do. I also enjoy some simple sewing from time to time and I enjoy "food crafting" as well...mostly cakes. Then there will be the occasional kiddie craft because we do those from time to time as well.

Monday, October 4, 2010

My latest...and quickest...creation

I had planned to join a mini crop on Mommysavers.com this weekend and there was just too much going on. I learned today that I still had time! However, I got sidetracked cleaning (UGH! Cleaning!) and ran out of time. Well...I did create one card that I hated and it won't make it to any internet posting to be seen by anyone! Then I realized there was an open challenge linked to the same crop...closing at midnight tonight! The challenge was to CASE someone else's work...so I did.
I chose the birthday card in this set (belonging to LeeMP22):

And made this card:


That's one of the fastest cards I've ever made because I only had a short time before the submission deadline. Maybe that can explain the sad quality of the photo as well!? BUT...that's as crafty as I got today. I'm seriously looking forward to the Lake Geneva crop in a week and a half....I'm SO excited!!

Speaking of which...a prayer request. One of my best friends' mother learned recently she may be losing her job and soon. She is near retirement age but not close enough to truly retire and not financially able to, either...at least not in THIS economy. Please pray that if she doesn't keep the job she has now that God would just send her a better one!! I know God will provide for her. Just pray for peace and comfort for her in a very scary time...and that she will still be able to join us for this upcoming crop. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment